Find out how you can keep your back healthy and pain free! Sometimes our daily activities can take their toll on our back, but with a few simple changes to our routine, we can say goodbye to those annoying "backaches."
Here we present 7 habits that could be affecting your spine and causing those uncomfortable pains. Pay attention and find out how you can fix them!
- Don't feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame! Maintain proper posture when sitting. If you sit slouched or without proper back support in the chair, you can put additional pressure on the discs and joints in your spine. This can cause tension and discomfort. Remember to keep your back straight, your shoulders relaxed and your feet well supported.
- Your mattress can make a difference! Choose your mattress wisely, as it can have a significant impact on your health. A mattress that is too firm can put excessive pressure on certain areas of the back, while one that is too soft may not provide the necessary support. Find the right balance of comfort and support to maintain proper spinal alignment while you sleep.
- Sleep like a wise owl! Sleeping position is also important. Avoid sleeping on your stomach or with your neck in an awkward position, as this can put additional stress on your spine and back muscles. Also, an uneven surface or inadequate pillows can affect the alignment of your spine. Opt to sleep on your side or back, using pillows that provide good neck and back support, on a firm, level mattress.
- Say goodbye to sedentary lifestyle! Being inactive weakens your back muscles and reduces your flexibility, which can increase the load on your spine. Also, lack of physical activity can lead to weight gain and loss of strength in the abdominal muscles, which can unbalance the back muscles. Incorporate regular physical activity into your routine, such as walking, swimming, or back-strengthening exercises, to keep your muscles strong and flexible.
- Choose your foods wisely! Excess weight puts additional pressure on the spine and contributes to back pain. Maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, together with regular exercise, will help you maintain a proper weight and reduce the load on your back.
- Beware of the extra weight in your backpack or purse! Carrying an excessive load on only one side of the body can affect your back, especially if you do it for a long time. This causes misalignment of your spine and unbalanced tension in your back muscles. Distribute the weight evenly on both shoulders and avoid overloading your backpacks or purses.
- Shoes that take you on the right path! Wearing shoes that do not provide adequate support can affect the alignment of your spine. Choose comfortable shoes that offer good foot support, with a cushioned sole and a proper fit. Avoid frequent use of high heels, as they can alter the natural curvature of your back.
Now that you know the bad habits that can affect your back, here are some recommendations to relieve pain:
- Strengthen and stretch your back! Regular exercise is a great way to relieve and prevent back pain. Strengthening exercises help build your back muscles, providing greater support to your spine and reducing the load on the discs and joints. Do exercises that strengthen your abdominal and back muscles, as well as stretching exercises to keep your back flexible. Activities like walking, swimming, or practicing yoga are also beneficial for strengthening the back and improving posture.
- Explore natural options for pain relief! Some natural products, like our CBDZen and apple cider vinegar gummies, have gained popularity as back pain relief supplements. CBD (cannabidiol) has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, and can help reduce chronic pain, inflammation and ligament pain, as well as promote relaxation. On the other hand, apple cider vinegar helps reduce inflammation and improve circulation, providing relief for back pain. Sugar Free Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies are ideal for those who don't enjoy the taste of vinegar, and are also recommended for appetite control and regulating cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Do not forget to consult your doctor! If you experience severe or prolonged back pain, it is important to seek the opinion and guidance of a physician. A healthcare professional will be able to assess your condition and determine the underlying cause of your pain. Based on the results and your medical history, he or she will be able to recommend an appropriate treatment plan, which may include physical therapy, medication, lifestyle changes, or, in more serious cases, surgery. Don't ignore persistent back pain, as it could indicate a more serious underlying problem. Seeking the right medical attention is essential to getting the right relief and treatment.